Sunday, April 14, 2013

...animated

Visited two castles today...

 Pretty much - I want 

 I sat on Attila's Throne yesterday (no connection to the real Attila) and today I learned the legend is if you sit on it you're more likely to get pregnant.

Oops...
No searches could confirm legend. 

Side note: My children should be anything but white... Nerina, Tiana, Ayah, Israel, Etai, Tzipporah. Extreme examples, but fortunately I have a few years to grow up in all areas.

I put a lot of energy into not looking like a tourist. I fail, but I try.

Gelato is really good - expensive - but really good. 

Blinkers are very important here. I neglected (did not know it was necessary) my blinker once and Francesca definitely let me know it. After a long trip with Samuele driving today I completely understand why...

Public transportation was made by Satan to put good people in really bad moods.

 And this is what people faking good attitudes look like 

Peach tinted carmex is the one of the best things that has ever happened to me. For real. 

I ate real Italian pepperoni today. Emphasis on the pepper, it's a lil spicy. 

I kind of wish I had been a teenager in Italy, but then again no, but then again yes. 


I'm going to Utah for ten days right after I get home 

 I'm a little excited 

Which means I don't get my mom back until May 28th. I guess she deserves a vacation too.. 



I LOVE ragu. No, not the American spaghetti sauce brand, the real Italian ragu. Yes, I do have the recipe already. 

Only in Italy will I think "Oh you're going 60 in a 40, please go faster NOW". You're killing me, Smalls. 

Don't forget your blinkers

I'm too grumpy when I'm tired. I'm tired a lot. 

I want a Terra Nova, Newfoundland dog. THEY'RE HUGE. But I'm not sure how I feel about washing a human size dog every other day for 12 years (every other day or however often, or not often, I have to wash it to maintain my dog smell free world). 

 Would you just look at that! 

I hate shoes. Correction I hate my ability to pick all the wrong shoes for five weeks. Oye. 

If you don't speak Italian, Italians sound like really big fans of Madonna, but they're really just talking about The Madonna. Just by the way. 

There is a Saint Julia, we'll call her Julie J for short. 

In Vicenza there are two castles. One is Romeo's and one is Juliet's. At Juliet's crib you can have a wedding in the courtyard  or a nice coffee at the restaurant and at Romeo's you can go to a concert or a movie, whichever is available at the time. I can't help but enjoy the sexism. 

America needs more castles. No, Disney does not count.

I want sons. Lots of sons. That said I am probably going to get all girls (and love it, of course). 

I need to start following American sports (sports in general), that's all Italians talk to me about. 

Letizia randomly holds my hand, A LOT. Adorable. 

She had been asleep for about 15 minutes when I took this. 
Why do I want sons again?

I think everyone twitches in their sleep 

I have a snoring child on my shoulder. Not fair to share the picture since she never gets the chance to get a sleeping picture of me because she starts laughing at me the second I lay down. I must be hilarious to live with because these girls never stop. That or I look like a fool all the time. 

I want gelato

Bigger is better (sometimes) when it comes to food packaging. Sorry Italy, I'm making a big ole cheesecake and I'm going to need more than 3 oz of cream cheese for 2,70 euro if this going to work out between us. 

I never wish to sit between two car seats again. 

I discovered how to use gifs today...

I'm more impressed with how the old men of Italy dress than I am of all the women. Too much camo, sweat pants, and funky boot wearing going on there.

I don't care how efficient or a good idea they were, I hate roundabouts. Curse them all. Speeding around with and Italian is bad enough, why must you add in ten Jello rounds in two miles (Jello referring to the game sometimes played when you take a sharp turn).


Also, life is a lot more fun when you look at it like this. And you're probably dancing, so it's even better 

 
I absolutely love this movie. I only include both videos because I love Brian Stokes Mitchell in real life as much as I love him as Jethro!




Also I love how Tzipporah asks him to dance and then totally ditches him on her dad. Jerk. 




5 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never seen that movie, never heard that song - loved it! I watched the movie version first, then the Tab Choir version. Fabulous - I'm surprised everyone wasn't dancing. Sounds like a fun day out on the town; you and the girls are cute. I can't believe they let you drive. Does everyone go fast? Why are there speed limits if they are ignored? What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! Mom, you've never seen Prince of Egypt?! Movie night! You would love it!

    Teach me how to use gifs when you get back. I didn't even know that's what they were called.

    Assuming gifs is what those animated picture thingies are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting to go to Utah when you get home!! Love the countdown picture. Your blog is fantastic. Please keep it up. Hope you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom HAS to see Prince of Egypt. Emily, gifs are correct and will do! Kari!!I was just thinking I might abandon it/her/my baby blog, thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Glad you are having a great time !!! That is one big d-o-g, looks like a bear and imagine it always wanting to sit in your lap??? LOL I agree, there should be castles in the U.S.A., I think there is one...but it does not look like a traditional castle. Prince of Egypt is GREAT !!!

    ReplyDelete