Sunday, April 28, 2013

...some highlights


So this being my second to last night in Italy and my last night being reserved for the family I'll be making my last official post from Italy tonight. As the title says this will be some highlights brought to you by the pictures on the iPod and Francesca and Samuele's phones.


Ludovica and I getting gelato every sunny day

My first week watching 3D movies with Ricardo and Letizia


Eating almost every single one, every time we got these...


Eating at least two of "my" yogurts everyday

(this is turning into another food post) 

Quick background: I have tried almost very gelato flavor in Italy...No joke. Ricardo is Letizia's BEST friend. They are hilarious to watch. And he MAY have a crush on me :) I can now check "Woo an Italian boy" off my bucket list. 10 points for me! That tray of goodies may look great, but Americans sure know how to sweeten deserts unlike any Italian. 'Murica! And finally, "my" yogurt. Muller is a German brand. I don't know if it's the yogurt that is good, or the chocolate goodies that you pour in it. 


Continua...


Visiting Romeo and Juliet's castles 

"Tanning" with Letizia
The sun was too beautiful to not enjoy and apparently the
 same goes for the Letizia sized chair called my stomach. 

We did the same thing the next day except for I made sure she had a pillow to lay next to me on




Our day on the islands surrounding Venice


Feeding the missionaries chili, cornbread, and white chocolate cheesecake.

Followed by a humility crushing round of applause, thank you very much : )


Buying this beauty in Venice.

desigual.com look it up

Unless you don't like this, in which case you shouldn't. 



Going to this horrible park.... broken neck waiting to happen. But look at those faces!

A short bit about this park. It is completely electricity/worker free and I'm pretty sure everything is made out of recycled materials, old tire trails, old rubber trampolines, etc. (10 pts for being environmentally friendly - negative 1,000,000 for trying to kill me). It is run solely by the people attending it (probably because if they had anybody working the equipment they'd be liable when  - when, not if - someone is seriously injured). It is obviously a lot of fun, but what this picture doesn't show is the four inch metal bar at forehead height waiting to stop them at the end of the slope. I know you're saying calm down Julie, your kids are going to hate you, but this is not the worst. So, no I did not participate at all. Scusa, but I have no mommy to catch me it things get iffy so no thank you, I'd like to live to be able to have children to catch when they want to enjoy stuff like this. Consider that my first sacrifice for motherhood.


Getting to be with these punks for 45 awesome days

I could post a smiling picture, but then you'd never get any idea of what they're really like :) 


And last, but not least, getting to spend everyday with Francesca. She was an amazing host, friend, and temporary mom. Thank you so much for letting me borrow/keep your clothes, learn from you, become your friend, and become a part of your family. Until next time.

Taken in Bibione along the Adratic Sea


Can I stay a little longer?

Please








1 comment: